The gaping holes of life are filled in.

I don't know why but this whole week itself I wrote almost 20 poems.
These are the favourites.

Here's Parting Gazes.

Parting Gazes by Mark Lester

As the world caresses a dying flower,

We will not meet again,

I will disappear from your gaze,

Shall we part, but do not haste,

Blinking eyes of the heart,

Now is cold as we grow apart,

Hazel eyes, lips so pure,

My love for her is now no more,

With an end and with a start,

Each of us has played their part,

Story concludes, each takes a turn,

Away from each other hearts will burn,

Tears flow down from her face,

Never dousing her radiant grace,

I loved her so, but not this way,

My heart now breaks as I turn away,

Alas, the world turns so slow,

Wind chimes along with the gentle flow,

Same with love, our hearts beat along,

Once it was, but now it’s gone,

Goodbye my love, I say farewell,

Leaving you is my personal hell,

We were blind but now we see,

That our love can never be.

END.

Then there's Love's First Move.


Love’s First Move by Mark Lester

It was cruel and yet so good,

She came and washed away my dark mood,

Startling me, I backed away,

But silently wishing for her to stay,

I never knew this side of me,

With her around, I feel so free,

Opening my heart and leaving it be,

Where it was once under lock and key,

But all of this does she know,

That I’ll never try and let her go,

Arms open, she’ll always embrace,

Dazzling me with her beautiful face,

Am I in love or am I insane,

Personal bliss or taunting pain,

Did I tell how she smiles,

For that I’ll walk so many miles,

Now the first move I shall make,

Being cautious each step I take,

Must hurry though because if I wait too long,

It’ll be too late and she’ll be gone.

End.


There was actually loads more but I can't remember.
These two popped into my mind when I was carrying a notebook.
So lesson in life is to carry a notebook wherever
I go.
That's all for now.




No comments: